Frequently Asked Questions
What are you going to do to my resume?
I will . . .
- Make your resume more ATS friendly
- Create a new profile / summary with the right key words.
- Make you more appealing to a hiring manager on paper.
- Enhance your resume’s layout (chronological, attractive).
- Edit your resume’s grammar, phrasing and sentences.
- Eliminate inconsistencies and redundancies.
- Correct common resume blunders.
Do you do updates? I need my new job added to my resume.
- QNA is a resume makeover (polishing) service.
What should I send you to makeover my resume?
- Click on the Order & Upload Resume button at top to access the Place Order and Upload Resume buttons.
- First make your payment of $39 using the Step 1 button.
- Then click on the Step 2 button to access the form so you can upload your resume and answer a few questions.
- Your resume must be an editable MS Word or PDF file.
Will you contact me to discuss my resume?
- I will email you from firstname.lastname@example.org to become acquainted and to confirm your order.
- If there is anything missing from your resume, such as job titles, employment dates, or locations, I will email you to request it before I start working on your resume makeover.
- If at any time between 9am and 5pm my Let’s Chat is not active, you can email me at email@example.com.
Is there a page limit?
- Yes. Your resume cannot exceed 2 pages.
- If you want a 1-page resume, your resume must be one page or a tad longer because there is no heavy collaboration.
- I do not want to take too much out that you will want reinstated.
- I cannot delete half of your resume without extensive collaboration.
How / when will you confirm my order / payment?
- I will confirm payment the same day, often within a couple of hours, or the next morning if the order is placed in the evening.
- When you place your order you will receive an automated email confirmation from PayPal for your records and protection.
- Note that the PayPal email confirmation for tracking purposes is firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will I receive my new resume makeover?
- Monday to Monday
- Tuesday to Tuesday
- Wednesday to Wednesday
- Thursday to Thursday
- Friday to Friday
* If a bank holiday falls on the week of your order, add 1 business day.
- All orders are delivered via email by 5pm EST.
What format do you use?
- Chronological – similar to the Before & After on the home page.
- When you upload your resume, you will have the opportunity to confirm a few basic format and design preferences.
What if I need revisions after I see the resume?
- Requests for edits must be received within 2 days, M-F, between 9-5 EST.
- Beyond that point, I will consider the resume finalized.
What if I need to tell you something or have a question?
- I am reachable M-F 9am to 5pm EST at email@example.com.
- You can also schedule a chat with me in real time.
How can you do so much work for such low rates?
- I save time (for me) and money (for you) by eliminating worksheets and phone calls.
- My price make me seem like a “cheap resume service,” but make no mistake — I am hands-down one of the best affordable services around. I am certified with extensive resume writing experience and have been online since 2004 with a record of success!
- I have a strong LinkedIn network of recruiters and HR professionals in the careers industry and many great Client Recommendations.
Do you do cover letters? If so, how much do you charge?
- Yes, the fee to do a from-scratch cover letter is $39.
- It will be written for the job you will be targeting and anything else that you feel is important. Clients love the letters I write!
I’m not sure if my resume meets your requirements. Can I upload it to you first?
- If you place your order and I decline the project, I will issue a full refund within 24 hours, along with a brief explanation.
- If your resume is very, very technical and unusually complex, I reserve the right to decline or to require a double payment.
What if I do not like it? Am I entitled to a refund?
- You are entitled to a 100% refund if you can illustrate that I did not do as promised. I put several hours into reworking your resume. I care about quality and always want to grow our business with satisfied customers, referrals, and LinkedIn Recommendations.